The JA Southern Alberta (JASA) Economic Futures Council (EFC) is a group of individuals who firmly believe that JA enhances the lives of young people, strengthens our economy and produces solid ethical citizens.
The EFC was launched in 2012 in an effort to raise much needed annual funding to support core programming and growth initiatives for JA Southern Alberta. In the beginning, each EFC Founder was asked to make a $100,000 financial contribution (outright or pledged over 2 to 4 years) to sustainably improve the state of 3 futures: our youth, our economy and the JA Southern Alberta charitable organization itself.
To ensure the Economic Futures Council is able to raise essential annual funding, and in the spirit of expanding philanthropy to younger generations and new leaders, we developed Additional Council Gift Levels from $5,000 to $75,000 (outright investment or pledged over 2, 3 or 4 years). Funds go to support program growth to meet demand, technology enhancements and sustainability of rural programming.
The reason I became one of the EFC Founders is that I want as many kids to get the JA programs as possible! — Wayne Henuset, President and Owner Willow Park Resources Ltd.
By the end of fiscal 2015, EFC members pledged $2.8 Million to support programming and technology for JASA. Because of this support, we have:
- Increased program delivery and student reach by 30%
- Expanded JASA rural programming and reach
- Developed on-line and SMARTboard applications of popular programs
- Developed and commenced delivery of financial literacy programs for aboriginal youth on reserve
- Partnered with All in For Youth – A United Way led Initiative to offer financial literacy and work readiness training to vulnerable youth
- Partnered with Calgary Board of Education to build customized semester long financial literacy programs for students in non-traditional career pathways such as Arts and Trades
PATRONS* – $100,000
* The EFC Patron level is available exclusively to those who have served as an EFC Founder. Only after recognizing their Founders contribution to the EFC are members eligible to join this elite group of benefactors.
|Richard F. Haskayne||JR Shaw|
|Clayton Riddell (In Memoriam)|
Ronald N. Mannix
|Mac Van Wielingen|
FOUNDERS – $100,000
|John (In Memoriam) and Cheryl Aldred|
David A. Bissett
Robert G. Brawn
Jack and Joan Donald
N. Murray Edwards
|Dr. T. Chen Fong & Alice Chan|
John and Lana Geddes
Ronald N. Mannix
Ronald P. Mathison
|Susan Nelson & Gordon Case|
The Stollery Family
David Werklund (as Chairman of the
C. H. Woitas Family
MENTORS – $25,000
|Sean McBurney||Gerard McInnis||Karl Smith|
SUSTAINERS – $10,000
Dawn de Lima
SUPPORTERS – $5,000
Anila Lee Yuen