Preparing Youth for Their Financial Futures
Junior Achievement's new RoboGarden program provides educators with a fun and easy way for students to learn to code. RoboGarden is an easy to understand, hands-on educational app where students take part in active learning. Fully equipped to teach coding literacy from scratch, RoboGarden reduces the need for a tech-savvy teacher.
Through JA Southern Alberta's pilot program: Learn to Code with RoboGarden, students in grades 1-8 will get the tools they need to develop computational, critical and problem-solving skills. Students will learn different coding concepts, STEAM subjects and good morals through a game based environment that will help the students enjoy their education while learning to become the next coding genius.
Calgary & Area Only
1 hour playtime / week
Understanding Coding Concepts
For students to be successful in RoboGarden, we encourage 1 hour of playtime, per week. Students will move through the program at their own pace with RoboGarden’s software providing instantaneous feedback. Quizzes at the end of each adventure will measure the students understanding of the coding concepts before moving on to the next one.
During this interactive, in-class program students will:
- Develop computational and critical thinking skills
- STEAM: learn physics, math and social studies through coding and gamification
- Prepare themselves for the digital requirements of their future work world
- Develop persistence when facing new challenges
By the end of RoboGarden: Learn to Code students will be able to think critically, computationally and be better able to self-direct problem solve. Students will gain the confidence to apply this knowledge to their lives, enabling them to be more assertive in both school and home life.
- We recommend 3 hours of playtime/week
- Teachers will be required to attend a 1 hour training session
- Social Studies
- Language Arts
- Students develop confidence, leadership and critical thinking skills
- Students will be better prepared for the digital requirements of the work world